Windows 10 Product Key
The latest Windows Operating System from MS Corporation is Windows 10. In this post, we look at important information you need to know about Windows 10 product keys. We have two types of Windows 10 keys; the first one is the generic key while the other one is the activation key. A generic Windows 10 key can be used during the installation process.
However, during the same installation process, the Windows will ask you to enter the genuine Windows 10 serial/product key, during this time, you can use the generic key, but this will only activate your Windows temporarily, and you won’t be able to use the premium resources. Therefore, it is recommended that you use the genuine product key during installation to completely activate your windows for a lifetime and also to enjoy premium features.
But, if you used the generic one at the time of installation, don’t worry much as it is still possible to change the Win10 Product key at any given time. These generic keys can be used during the installation process and will activate your Windows temporarily. You will only be allowed to use the limited features of the Windows.
Windows 10 product key?
Windows 10 Serial/Product key is a combination of 25 digit character codes (5 codes of 5 digits) which you can use to activate your Windows to a new version fully. The Windows 10 keys can work on both the 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
This is the format that the Windows 10 keys are supposed to follow: – XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
These are some of the working Win 10 serial keys:
- w269n wfgwx yvc9b 4j6c9 t83gx
During installation, the Windows will ask you to enter a valid key. If you enter the generic one or simply decide to use the trial version, the activation will just be a temporary one. Also, if you have not activated your Windows, there is no cause of alarm as you can still enjoy fifteen days of free trial. If it expires, then you can now use the valid working key, and your Windows will be up and working smoothly.
Steps To Follow When Activating Your Windows 10 Using the Product Keys
- Tap on your Win key + I or go to the settings
- Click on update and security
- On the left-hand menu, choose activation
- Click on “Go to Store”, if you don’t have the Win license key. This will prompt the window store to open for you the product page for the edition of the Windows installed on your PC. From this product page, you will now be able to buy a Windows 10 pro key or Windows 10 home key, and this will unlock and then activate your edition of Windows 10.
- Go back to the settings
- Click on the Update & Security again
- On the left-hand side of the menu, choose activation
- Click now on change the product key
- Enter the genuine product key
- After verification over the internet from the MS servers, the Window will be activated.
How Can You Enter The New Windows 10 Product Key?
Changing your product key is possible anytime you feel the need as long as they are valid keys. Here are the steps you need to take when entering a key to activate your windows 10.
- Go to (Run->slui)
- A dialog box “Win 10 change product key” will appear
- Enter this new Win 10 key and then press “OK.”
- After verification over the internet from the MS servers, the Window will get activated.
Windows 10 Serial/Product keys
Windows 10 Pro Serial Key
Windows 10 Home Edition Product Key
Windows 10 Education Product keys
Windows 10 Single Language Product Key
Windows 10 Enterprise Product Keys
Windows 10 Single Language Product Key
Windows 10 2017 Serial keys
Product Keys for Every kind of Version:
How You Can Upgrade Your Windows 10
It is possible to upgrade your Windows 10 free of charge from the MS website. If you have the activated edition, i.e., the licensed version of Windows 8, 8.1, or Windows 7, then it possible to activate to Windows 10 for free. For you to be able to update your OS to the latest version, you have to visit the official Microsoft website.
Follow the steps below to upgrade your Windows 10 for free:
- Visit the official MS website
- Search on the menu for the Windows upgrade
- You will be taken to another page that has different editions of Windows 10
- Choose the version that you prefer most and then click on the upgrade option
- Then Win 10 upgrade will now download and be installed in the background
But you have to ensure that version you are using is the activated edition of the earlier installed Windows.
Why Is It Important To Have A Microsoft Windows 10 Product Key?
If you are to use MS Windows 10 or any of the Microsoft licensed products, then you will be required to have a valid serial key. Microsoft uses a product key to ensure that all the licensing terms on their products are strictly adhered to. Without this serial key, you won’t be able to use Microsoft licensed products unless you’re using the free trial version.
Although it is not a must to buy Windows 10, it is recommended that you buy a Windows 10 product key before you can enjoy using the updated features.
If you don’t have a valid product key, you will likely face the following consequences:
- Some of the key features will refuse to work
- You will experience repeated reminders which will pop up every time and urge you to produce a genuine activation key
- Your computer will have no automatic updates of applications
- Features, Programs, and components developed by Microsoft will give error notification messages or will refuse to run smoothly
- You won’t be able to install new apps from the Windows Store